A little about me and my blog.....

Hi, I am Shevy and I will be your blogger this evening ^^

I am a now 18 year old student who's life consists of movies, books, music and friends (and school)......:-D

I have a hobby of writing reviews on every movie I see and every book I read. And I found out that I might as well share my oppinions and meanings with the world....

And so I started This Blog. I will post my reviews here, and probable some other things along the way as well, I will try and make it as good and interesting as possible (and fancy with polls and such)....

I hope you enjoy my blog and feel free to comment on anything I've posted/said/read/done or anything else for that matter, ask me questions about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, come with requests for reviews you want, answer my polls and follow me if you'd like :-D

Enjoy :-D

01/11/2009

Kazakhstan, the greatest country in the world???

This movie evolves around a reporter who is given the job to go to America and learn as much about their culture, language, religion, way of living and everything else as possible and make a documentary about the journey and everything he learns and experiences along the way.



The film was very funny. It is based on racism, male-domination and other provocative subjects, but without it the film would be shit. And I think that the groups it would be provocative towards gets that it's just a movie and that it's meant in a funny and non-provocative way. Actually I think they would find the movie to be very good, like I did, because the film has a humor that most people likes and can find somewhere inside themselves. Personally, I didn't find it provocative at all, but than again I'm not in any of the many groups made fun of.

I liked the plot and all the “facts” about his home country. They're genius. The plot plays out in a way that would end up hilarious, no matter how it's played, twisted or directed, but of course, good direction and following the plot and story and making
the best of it is good too.

I also liked the curve of the drama, the mood changes, fights, arguments, co-operation and partying. It went from one to another. Total opposites.

The film had every aspect of the everyday-life, hatred, love, mistakes, comedy, misunderstanding, drama, dreams, goals, disappointment, problems, solutions, partys, sex, drinking, driving, learning and so much more. I think it is fairly similar to our general John Does life.

The characters in the film were all perfect for the movie. No one that had a flaw, at least not any that I noticed, but than again I could have missed them when I was rolling around on the floor, laughing my ass off. I will not go on and describe ANY of them, because I don't want to change your first impression of it.

This movie was kick-ass! I have seen it 2 times before and still after the 3rd time I laughed my ass all the way off! It was hilarious and just great, simply great. And that's my impression of it, my third impression^^

All in all this movie was amazing. And for my rating I'll give it a solid 9.2 out of 10, because something was missing, I have no freaking idea what, but something was missing.

Title: Borat



...



Review written by Jonny “Shevy” Skjevik

No comments:

Post a Comment